Current Employees and Freelancers/Contractors Apply Here*
Current Employees and Freelancers/Contractors Apply Here*
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
National Geographic Partners LLC (NGP), a joint venture between Disney and the National Geographic Society, is committed to bringing the world premium science, adventure and exploration content across an unrivaled portfolio of media assets. NGP combines the global National Geographic television channels (National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo WILD, Nat Geo MUNDO, Nat Geo PEOPLE) with National Geographic’s media and consumer-oriented assets, including National Geographic magazines; National Geographic studios; related digital and social media platforms; books; maps; children’s media; and ancillary activities that include travel, global experiences and events, archival sales, licensing and e-commerce businesses. Furthering knowledge and understanding of our world has been the core purpose of National Geographic for 131 years, and now we are committed to going deeper, pushing boundaries, going further for our consumers … and reaching millions of people around the world in 172 countries and 43 languages every month as we do it. NGP returns 27 percent of our proceeds to the nonprofit National Geographic Society to fund work in the areas of science, exploration, conservation and education.
The Private Jet Operations Coordinator will successfully aid the operations and on-ground trip logistics for National Geographic Expedition’s line of luxury Private Jet travel programs. Provides accurate and timely information to all internal departments as necessary, based on day-to-day needs. Responsible for making arrangements and confirming logistical details and traveler needs for all departures as well as coordinating and compiling traveler documents and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Coordinate with local in-country operators regarding bookings, logistics coordination, extra arrangements, special considerations, trip details, etc. Independently manage bookings for trip departures by monitoring room counts, release dates, attrition clauses and deposit and payment dates for each trip. Communicate clearly and accurately all trip logistics and needs via email, Skype and phone. Conduct briefing calls with operators and hold them accountable for implementation of on-the-ground logistics. Maintain strict adherence to internal and program deadlines. Ensuring each departure meets or exceeds brand standards.
- Request invoices for new bookings, extra arrangements and trip cancellations. Request payments to suppliers, vendors, contractors, etc. Reconcile trip invoices to budgets. Final trip reconciliation. Keep budgets updated and accurately reflecting program costs. Each departure maximizes profitability by operating at or above budgeted projected profit.
- Prepare documentation for traveler mailings, internal documents, tour manager documents, policies and procedures. Prepare all documents and items necessary for trip staff (e.g., tour managers and study leaders), as well as tour logistic notes, transfer and rooming lists, flight manifests, extra arrangement details and traveler preferences. Prepare and collate mailings as needed. Maintain all sales resources for all product. Travelers receive correct trip information on schedule. In-country operators receive all information on time for successful operation of each departure. Sales and Guest Services Team has all training materials needed to sell to and service travelers.
- Assist Guest Services in managing traveler relationships from the time of booking through post-trip communication. Responsible for timely planning and procurement of extra arrangements as requested by travelers. Consistently delivering the highest level of quality and service to clients. Providing travelers with information in a timely manner, increasing their satisfaction and loyalty to the brand.
- Maintain inventory for all guest gift items, reordering as needed. Travelers receive all gift items on time.
- Work independently and as part of a team. Must be willing to lend a hand with any urgent task that may arise and be involved with every aspect of the trip operations process. Assist the operations team in furthering company, division, and team goals.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent. A background in customer service, event planning, logistics or travel is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Candidates should have the ability to clearly and effectively correspond with overseas suppliers for whom English is not their first language. Foreign language skills are a plus.
- Ability to create and maintain budgets. Possesses a demonstrated ability to anticipate problems, find creative solutions to challenging situations and present complicated information in a clear and simple manner.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Office, Excel, PowerPoint and common Internet browsers and applications. A background using QuickBase or other databases or CRM software is a plus.
- Highly organized, able to multi-task and manage several programs and/or departures at the same time and across multiple destinations. Unwavering accuracy, excellent and systematic organizational skills and flawless attention to detail are necessary. A positive attitude is essential and a key to success in the position. Enjoy working in a fast-paced professional office environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Back to Search Results
New Job Search