OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News ChannelFox News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service dedicated to delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. A top five cable network, FNC has been the most-watched news channel in the country for more than 14 years and according to a Suffolk University/USA Today poll, is the most trusted television news source in the country. Owned by 21st Century Fox, FNC is available in more than 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.
The Fox News College Associate Program is for motivated college students who are passionate about the news industry. College Associates are paid to gain real world work experience with guidance from top news professionals. College Associates are assigned to a department that matches their skill set, work experience and career aspirations.
• Must be enrolled in accredited college or university during the program
• Resume and cover letter detailing why you should be selected for this program
• Strong academic record
• Prior relevant work/internship experience
• Committed and available to work entire semester/summer
• Students are responsible for their own housing and transportation
• College credit is NOT required to be eligible for the program
If selected to move forward in the interview process:
• Demonstrated knowledge of current events and/or business news
• Transcript or letter showing proof of enrollment
• Letters of recommendation
Areas of Placement:
Students may be placed on Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network, Fox News Radio, Fox News Headlines 24/7, Foxnews.com, Foxbusiness.com, Foxnewsinsider.com, or Foxnation.com based on their prior experience and interests as determined in the interview process.
• TV: production, writing, research, booking, assignment desk, technical operations, graphics
• Radio: production, technical operations
• Web: writing, reporting, production
• Web Development
• Product Development: online, mobile, apps
• Social Media
• Web design
• Business Development
• Media Relations
• Human Resources
Spring Schedule: 10 weeks long. 16 hours per week.
Note: We are a 24/7 news operation. Schedules vary based on department needs and your availability. We do our best to work around your class schedule.
Important Dates: Accepting applications from September 19 to November 30 (Program begins in February)
Other Program Features:
Get Published: Showcase your skills and build your portfolio by pitching stories, writing and producing for our online properties.
Campus Ambassador Program: Represent the Fox News brand on your campus while pitching and reporting on stories that matter to college students.
Lead College Associate Program: Enhance your leadership skills while working on additional projects during the semester.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.