OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Networks Group International
Fox Network Group operates, develops and distributes internationally (outside of the U.S. market) factual, sports, lifestyle, movie and general entertainment channels in various countries in Europe, Latin America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia, including Fox Channel, Fox Life, FX, Fox Crime, FOX Traveller, the Voyage Channel, 24 Kitchen, Fox Sports, STAR World, National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo Wild and Nat Geo People as well as Chinese language television programming targeted at Chinese-speaking audiences in Asia, including STAR Chinese Movies and STAR Chinese Channel. FNG also operates, develops and distributes internationally Fox-branded nonlinear services, websites and applications known as Fox+, Fox Premium, or Fox Play, depending on the region or service.
Purpose of role:
Head of Channel for the new channel from FOX Networks Group (FNG) and YouSee is responsible for overall channel and content strategies as well as the performance for the linear and non-linear offering. The Head of Channel is the main point of contact between FNG and YouSee in the day-to-day operation and is responsible for ensuring the channel reaches its targets according to the agreed channel brief.
The Head of Channel will define strategies and priorities for the new channel brand in Denmark, in close cooperation with Sr Director Content and Programming Nordic. The Head of Channel owns the channel offering and is expected to proactively develop and seek opportunities for the combined linear and non-linear product in Denmark to ensure the channel reaches its targets
- Responsible for the content strategy for the channel, in accordance with the agreed channel brief and profile. The local content will be developed by YouSee in close cooperation with the Head of Channel to ensure the local productions meet the agreed targets and expectations.
- Create the best possible linear and non-linear offering through close cooperation with the YouSee Content and Marketing teams as well as the FNG Programme Scheduler. Set up functional day-to-day workflows between the teams ensuring all stakeholders have all information needed at all times and to avoid disagreement between FNG and YouSee. Flag any major conflicts to Senior Director Content and Programming.
- Source content opportunities and initiate new deals for the channel in close cooperation with the Head of Acquisitions for FNG Nordic.
- Close communication with FNG Commercial team to ensure we optimize our schedules to the full potential with regards to TRP delivery at all times
- Close cooperation with FNG Digital & Distribution team on non-linear strategies and product development.
- Close communication and cooperation with FNG Research team to define insights needed to best develop the channel with regards to both linear and non-linear performance.
- Prepare materials, including, but not limited to acquisitions, marketing and performance reports ahead of meetings in the Steering Committee for the new channel.
- Be an inspirational and devoted leader and manager.Ensure direct reports are clear on their individual roles.Maintain their motivation and engagement and actively manage their performance and development.
- Internal: Nordic Programming, Research, Commercial, Distribution & Digital, Operations
- External: YouSee Production Manager, YouSee Marketing & On-Air, Content Distributors,
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 5-8 year experience from television business in Denmark
- High performing, enthusiastic motivator, who is a doer while at the same time able to analyze risks and opportunities.
- Is execution oriented and has proven commitment to delivering outstanding results.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective stakeholder relationships within both FNG Nordic and YouSee
- Is a role model for collaboration.
- Cultivates a high performance culture.
Please apply as soon as possible, and no later than 30 September. We will only consider applications with both CV and Cover Letter.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.