OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
Fox News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service dedicated to delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. A top five cable network, FNC has been the most-watched news channel in the country for more than 14 years and according to a Suffolk University/USA Today poll, is the most trusted television news source in the country. Owned by 21st Century Fox, FNC is available in more than 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.
The Fox News DC Bureau's mission has continued to grow with the addition of more live programming emanating from Washington D.C., added personnel, and more guest traffic throughout the day. We are looking for an experienced leader to oversee our continued daily physical plant wellness and assist the Bureau Chief in long range facilities planning and projects.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the preventative maintenance and reactive repair of skilled trades, e.g., HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and utilities
- Establish and ensure a safe and efficient working environment, essential to the performance of the business
- Interface with the building chief engineer and other building personnel to ensure Fox News requirements are met
- Coordinate with Manager of Engineering and NY VP of Engineering and Critical Systems to ensure that redundancy and diversity is maintained in all critical systems
- Establish and maintain architectural and engineering drawings and other documentation
- Ensure that required permits are in place and up to date and inspections are performed on critical systems as required
- Identify safety training needs, coordinate safety training programs, understand safety regulations, and ensure safety compliance for the bureau.
- Oversee construction work and often manage other core DC projects, and/or logistics of business/operations services, e.g., food, security, inventory, and mail
- Identify, budget, justify and submit facilities capital projects for the annual capital budget
- Occasional involvement with other bureaus facilities needs and projects
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in facilities & safety field
- Experience in project management
- Knowledge of OSHA and DOT
- Availability and willingness to work outside normal business hours to manage off hours work and projects
- Ability to work after hours to respond to emergencies
- Strong knowledge of fundamentals of construction safety, accident prevention, occupational injury, human factors, industry safety criteria, risk management and incident investigation techniques and methods
Please attach a resume to be considered, applications without resumes will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Back to Search Results
New Job Search