OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Star India has defined the Indian media landscape for over two decades and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching approximately 650 million viewers a month across India and more than 100 other countries. Star generates 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 40+ channels in 8 different languages, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The network’s entertainment channel portfolio includes Star Gold, Channel V, Star World, Star Movies, Star Utsav, Life OK, Movies OK and Star Plus, India's No. 1 Hindi General Entertainment Channel. It has a leading presence in regional broadcasting as well, through a bouquet of affiliate channels which includes Star Jalsha, Jalsha Movies, Star Pravah, Asianet, Asianet Plus, Suvarna, Suvarna Plus, Vijay and now Maa. It is also present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios, an affiliate joint venture company.
Reporting to the Sales Head, this position is expected to head the Sales function for the West Market. He/She will be expected to drive and achieve the branch sales target for the entire portfolio of Entertainment network channels.
- Achieve sales targets on a monthly/ quarterly/ yearly basis.
- Maintain sales volume, genre mix and pricing by analyzing supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Manage some of the highest-value clients and agencies in order to drive retention, growth, and subsequently enable the achievement of sales objectives and targets.
- Develop deeper insight and understanding of the dynamic market requirements through advertiser/client interaction resulting in better monetization of advertising opportunities.
- Deepen Genre and channel understanding.
- Build relationships with key external clients, agencies and internal stakeholders to manage the business.
- Keep up to date with trends and developments in the media industry to gain early insights into new business opportunities.
- Revenue forecasting & Revenue generation.
- Provide thought leadership through effective communication of vision, active coaching, innovative thinking and development while comparing sales results to targets and taking appropriate action to correct when necessary.
- Achievement of assigned targets – revenue, yield and consumption (fill).
- Accuracy of monthly and quarterly forecast within –ve 5% standard deviation.
- Brand Solutions and impact revenue contribution.
- Up sell and renewal of existing business from customers
- Building a strong and efficient team and develop a second line.
- New Business Opportunities.
- Minimum Qualification : MBA (Premier or Tier 1 management institute)
- With at least 16-18 years of post-qualification experience
- FMCG + Management Consulting and/or B2B Solution Sales
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong client relations especially with the various business segments and categories.
- Should have access to the key decision makers at client and agency level
- Should be able to identify newer and break through revenue streams
- Ability to navigate a highly matrixed environment with multiple stakeholders and influence them to drive outcomes.
- High energy levels and ability to think about the larger picture
- Ability to deal with dynamic and fast paced changing internal & external environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Back to Search Results
New Job Search