OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox Business NetworkFOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York—the business capital of the world—FBN launched in October 2007 and is available in more than 80 million homes in major markets across the United States. Owned by 21st Century Fox, the network has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington, DC and London.
Fox News is looking for a highly motivated, pro-active, and creative Production Assistant to join the Fox Business Network. As the Production Assistant you will help generate story ideas for the show, search for and edit video and post segments to social media for After the Bell. You are familiar with working in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing. You are someone who is highly organized and has great time- management skills. You are someone who is proficient in social media and digitally savvy. You are someone who is knowledgeable about current events and has a passion for news, a “can-do” attitude and enjoys working and collaborating with a team.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in producing segments
• Pitch story ideas
• Search for and cut video and soundbites
• Post content from the show to social media
• Multi-task and prioritize workload in a 24/7 breaking news environment
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A bachelor’s degree and/or relevant work experience
• Solid production and post-production skills
• Strong social media and digital skills
• Prior internship or job experience in production
• A strong knowledge of news & current events
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.