OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
Fox News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service dedicated to delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. A top five cable network, FNC has been the most-watched news channel in the country for more than 14 years and according to a Suffolk University/USA Today poll, is the most trusted television news source in the country. Owned by 21st Century Fox, FNC is available in more than 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.
A truly exciting opportunity to work on one of Cable News’ top primetime programs. As an Associate Producer on “The Ingraham Angle,” you are exposed to a number of disciplines -- from research and booking to topic origination and pre-interviewing prominent guests. This position opens you up to every facet of news and does so in a fast paced environment that will propel you to a lasting career in cable news.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pitching stories/guests – This is a highly inventive broadcast in terms of story and guest placement. This is where you will learn the fastest about what works and what doesn’t – thus honing your editorial abilities. Pitching off show hours is strongly encouraged as we always want to be a forward looking show
- Compiling research packets – Research packets are the foundation of the anchors preparation and in-show performance. It is imperative that this role is filled with someone who can sort through all the details and highlight the facts that matter within each given segment
- Conduct pre-interview with guests – You will talk and engage with guests about their topics, probing them for any useful information which will then help the anchor conduct the best interview/debate possible
- Pitch audio and visual elements for your segment – This show excels at explaining stories through the use of visuals and sound. We encourage individuals to be creative with how best to tell the story their segment is attempting to get across
- Booking guests in the event of breaking news
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least a college degree – graduate degrees are not required but certainly not discouraged
- At least 1 year of news production experience on a national level
- A thirst for news – always paying attention to the narratives, controversies, debates driving the day
- Familiarity with iNEWS, ARDOME, VIZ precut is not required but disciplines in all three will be a bonus
- Ability to work well in a team setting and have the social skills needed to communicate effectively with team leaders, the anchor, and show leaders
Please attach a resume to be considered, applications without resumes will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Back to Search Results
New Job Search