OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Blue Sky Studios
One of the world's largest producers and distributors of motion pictures, 20th Century Fox Film produces, acquires and distributes motion pictures throughout the world. These motion pictures are produced or acquired by the following units of 20th Century Fox Film: Twentieth Century Fox, Fox 2000 Pictures, Fox Searchlight Pictures, Fox International Productions, and Twentieth Century Fox Animation. Blue Sky Studios is the animation studio behind the wildly successful ICE AGE and RIO franchises, along with this year's FERDINAND animated feature film!
The Enterprise Services administration team is responsible for the Studio’s enterprise applications and processes, including:
- Maintaining a secure and highly available enterprise services platform that meets or exceeds current best practices and industry standards.
- Specifying, installing, customizing and integrating applications into the Studio’s production infrastructure
- Troubleshooting and remediating application issues, including post mortem.
- Working with customers and vendors to specify, design, integrate, implement and provide ongoing support for technology solutions that support the Studio’s production requirements and goals.
The successful candidate is an organized and motivated self-starter who has a proven track record working in an environment that encompasses procedural work such as staff on-boarding and off-boarding, project work, and responding to production and systems performance issues. There is an opportunity to provide technical leadership and mentoring for the help desk staff.
This position requires flexible work hours, including early morning, evenings and weekend shifts as required for production support and maintenance.
Five to seven years experience supporting enterprise applications and processes in a production, corporate or university environment. The successful candidate will have demonstrable expertise in some or all of the following technologies:
- Directory Services. Experience with Active Directory and group policy administration is required; experience with Okta and Duo Security authentication services is a plus.
- Email, Calendar and Messaging. Google Suite, Slack.
- Mobile Device Management. Experience with MobileIron, Google MDM.
- Web server administration. JVM/Tomcat, Apache and NGINX; Atlassian applications including Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket.
- Systems Programming. Perl, Python or Unix shells; experience with Ruby on Rails is a plus.
- API Programming: SOAP and REST.
- Operating Systems. Linux, MacOS, Windows, IOS, Android.
- Network Services. A working knowledge of DNS and DHCP is required.
- Experience with secure file transfer applications is required.
- Experience with Avaya VOIP phone systems is a plus.
- VMware administration experience is a plus.
- Documentation Skills. Documenting procedures for the systems department and Studio staff.
- Communication Skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to communicate effectively and accurately with management, systems administration team members, customers and vendors is a core job responsibility.
- Project Management. A proven track record for managing multiple projects, priorities and tasks.
- Experience with leading and contributing to technical and security incident response.
- The ability to work at a high level and maintain perspective in high-pressure production-critical situations.
- A degree in computer science or a related field. A master’s degree is a plus.
The Enterprise Services team supports the following processes:
- Staff on-boarding and off-boarding.
- Problem determination and resolution.
- Securing Studio assets in accordance with best practices and industry standards.
- Ensuring that production technology and processes are current and do not become obsolete.
- Emergency response and root cause problem analysis and resolution.
- Enforcing policies and procedures governing system access and utilization.
- Systems maintenance, including after hours and weekend scheduled maintenance.
- Generating acceptance test requirements for new projects.
- Performance monitoring and reporting for enterprise application services.
- Support for legal discovery.
- Documenting project proposals based on users requirements and department standards.
- Writing end-user documentation for enterprise applications and processes.
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
- Office working environment
- The Systems department provides IT support for a 24/7 Animation Studio: Flexible working hours and overtime required, including early morning, late evening and occasional weekends. Some systems maintenance is scheduled for evenings and weekends.
- Lifting of up to 50lbs on a regular basis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.