OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
The National Geographic Channels form the television and production arm of National Geographic Partners, a joint venture between 21st Century Fox and the National Geographic Society. As a global leader in premium science, adventure and exploration programming, the Channels include: National Geographic Channel (NGC), Nat Geo WILD, Nat Geo People and Nat Geo MUNDO. Additionally, the Channels also run the in-house television production unit, National Geographic Studios. The Channels contribute to the National Geographic Society’s commitment to exploration, conservation and education with entertaining, innovative programming from A-level talent around the world, and with profits that help support the society’s mission. Globally, NGC is available in more than 440 million homes in 171 countries and 45 languages, and Nat Geo WILD is available in 131 countries and 38 languages. National Geographic Partners is also a leader in social media, with a fan base of 250 million people across all of its social pages. NGC contributes over 55 million social media fans globally on Facebook alone.
Oversees day to day Cash operations for NGP, including managing short and long term requirements to meet current and upcoming needs considering Cash Flow projections. Work with Fox Treasury to maintain existing bank relationships and services, and assist management with future banking needs. Prepare monthly reporting and analysis of Cash actuals, receipts and disbursements, as well as Cash Flow projections to provide management with transparency as it relates to all Cash activity. Identify and implement system and process improvements. Serve as primary Treasury subject matter expert for NGP, and assume expanded management responsibilities as it relates to disbursements and other areas within Finance.
Treasury Management Services (30%)
- Bank relationship management – coordinate with Fox Treasury to open/close any new banks or add/remove banking services per direction of management team.
- Recommend banking services that NG may benefit from.
- Coordinate responses to banking regulatory inquiries.
- Manage merchant service relationship, pricing and administrations.
- Communicate and address service issues or errors with the bank.
- Manage banking portals access.
- Seek to maximize operating efficiencies and minimize bank fees.
- Coordinate internally and externally to research and resolve operating or reconciliation issues.
- Maintain accurate and complete archive of bank agreements and account documentation.
- Approve LOC issuance or LC draws.
- Responsible for ensuring FX rates are accurately loaded into ERP system on a monthly basis.
Cash Forecast and Funds Managements (25%)
- Work with NGP Finance leads to prepare Cash Flow Budget and Forecasts.
- Forecast estimates for interest expense and income.
- Provide input and cost-effective recommendations of capital expenditures.
- Manage timely execution of Cash funding from international entities, intercompany settlements, and dividend payments to Fox and National Geographic Society.
- Ensures adequate liquidity for NGP.
- Responsible for overseeing daily Cash function, including distribution of account balance summary to senior management.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and Company policy & procedures, including segregation of duties.
- Approve Customer Set Up in Workday Financials.
- Review and approve Bank Reconciliations
- Cross-train in areas of AP and AR to serve backup role.
- Assist with SOX and audit reviews.
- Ad-hoc reporting and data analysis as requested.
- Review and approve monthly Cash Flow statement prior to delivering to Fox for consolidation.
- Assist with accounting questions related to NGP Cash activity.
Liaison with Accounts Payable with regards to disbursements (20%)
- Approve Cash Settlements in Workday Financials, ensuring accounts are properly funded.
- Initiate and/or approve manual wires via banking portal based on internal request.
- Review all Suppliers with IAT or wire payments selected as a payment option.
- Partner with Fox AP to manage Corporate Card program.
- Assist in researching transaction inquiries.
Minimum Education Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business required.
- CPA or Masters preferable.
- CTP (Certified Treasury Professional) a plus.
Minimum Years and Type of Experience
7+ years of experience in same or related fields, namely commercial banking or corporate treasury management and at least 3+ years of management experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Must possess both a conceptual and practical understanding of domestic and international funds management
- This encompasses knowledge of credit and non-credit banking services, plus familiarity with basic accounting principles.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), including graphics capabilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with experience in formal and informal presentations
- Highly self-directed with demonstrated initiative, analytic skills and ability to exercise independent judgment
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to work well with subordinates, senior management, accounting staff, product areas and outside financial institutions
- Ability to prioritize and work well under deadline pressure
- Prior experience using large ERP systems and Treasury Management tools strongly desired.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.