OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
20th Century Fox Television
A 21st Century Fox company, Twentieth Century Fox Television is one of the industry's most prolific suppliers of primetime television programming and entertainment content, including this year’s broadcast sensation and NBC’s No. 1 series This is Us from Dan Fogelman; Fox’s No. 1 series, Empire, from Lee Daniels, Danny Strong and Brian Grazer; ABC’s No. 1 series and five-time Emmy Award-winning blockbuster comedy Modern Family from Steve Levitan and Christopher Lloyd; FX’s No. 1 series American Horror Story from Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk; the critically acclaimed new comedy hit Speechless; The Last Man on Earth, starring Will Forte; and the longest-running primetime scripted series in the history of television, The Simpsons.
- Assist the Executive Director with research of audit queries and analysis of audit claims.
- Meticulous initial review of participation statements prepared by the accounting staff.
- Assist statement preparers in their duties by providing instruction and feedback on procedures/processes.
- Manage workflow of statement preparation process from initial review to issuance of payment in order to ensure reporting deadlines are met.
- Set up first time statements based on approved templates and/or review them for completeness of formulas and data linking.
- Prepare complex statements, as needed.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and other related accounting duties, as required.
- Financial, analytical and communication skills necessary to perform the administration of participation reporting.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work flow and prioritize multiple projects in various stages of completion.
- Ability to problem-solve and utilize critical thinking to create and implement solutions.
- Ability to act as a liaison between TV Participation group and other business units.
- Must be pro-active, quick learner, detail oriented with the ability to connect seemingly unrelated data and able to work independently.
- Familiarity with Participation accounting principles and television distribution accounting and terminology.
- Undergraduate degree specializing in Accounting, Business Administration and/or Finance preferred.
- Minimum of 5 plus years television and/or motion picture participation accounting experience in the entertainment industry.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Word and Outlook and accounting systems.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Back to Search Results
New Job Search